Today we want to share an awesome resource from one of our very own PLPeeps – Gerald Aungst. Gerald went through our Connected Learner Experience and was one of our best and brightest learners and educators that year.
Gerald is currently Supervisor of Gifted and Elementary Mathematics at the School District of Cheltenham Township. His ongoing series, Common Core Toolkits for Principals, is packed with tips, resources, and ideas for educational leaders.
Gerald recently got a shoutout in “Dave’s Faves: Blogs of Note” in the Summer 2013 issue of ASCD’s Educational Leadership. Congrats, Gerald! We thought the mention was well-deserved, and wanted to share these resources with all our PLPeeps.
From Gerald’s blog:
As part of my district’s plan to realign our curriculum with the Common Core State Standards (which we are calling the C4 Project, for Cheltenham Common Core Curriculum), I will be developing a Toolkit for Principals. Each month, I will prepare a four-â€‹â€‹part package of resources and activities they can use both for their own professional development and as part of faculty meetings with their staff members. The four parts each month will be
- Think: a warm up article, blog post, or video to set the stage for a faculty discussion
- Share: two activities principals can use with staff members during the month in faculty or team meetings
- Test Drive: A key instructional practice that teachers can try out in their classrooms without expectations
- Explore: Links to other resources with more information for those who want to dig deeper
Though these kits will be geared heavily towards the particular needs of our own district, I thought others might find them useful, and so I’ll be posting them here. Enjoy, and please do give me feedback on what is working and what you’d like to see in future toolkits!
Grab these toolkits
Check out all the Common Core Toolkits for Principals here:
Powerful Learning Practice
Latest posts by Powerful Learning Practice (see all)
- Innovation- What Do We Need To Know? - October 17, 2017
- Graduate Credit (License Renewal) Laying by the Pool - July 8, 2017
- Thinking Through Meaningful Professional Learning - March 4, 2017