Flipped Classroom: Flipped Mastery Twitter Chat
Join Jon Bergmann, instructor of Beyond the Flipped Classroom – Flipped Mastery eCourse, Lani Ritter Hall, co-author of The Connected Educator and other PLPeeps for a #plpnetwork Twitter chat all about the Flipped Classroom and Flipped Mastery.
September 30th, 7:00pm Eastern (New York) time
In the 21st Century, advancing students’ knowledge by leveraging available time and technology is crucial. A key question educators must ask is, “What is the best use of my face-to-face class time?” Many teachers have flipped their classrooms and realize there is a next step in their evolution. They are ready to move beyond the flipped classroom. One way many people have moved beyond the Flipped Classroom has been to adopt the Flipped-Mastery Model. Find out more about this model in this one hour chat. We will being using the #plpnetwork hashtag for this live event. After the 1-hour #plpnetwork chat, Jon will encourage people to head over to the weekly #flipclass chat where you can learn even more about the flipped classroom.
Register for the Twitter chat and get entered in a prize drawing, receive email updates and a chat reminder, (because it’s so easy to forget and we don’t want you to miss out!)
Connected Educator Month Book Club Chat
One of last year’s most popular Connected Educator Month features, the CEM Book Club, will be returning even better this year â€” there will be four book clubs, each featuring a notable author and their work. A new book club will kickoff each week during October. Each book club will last six weeks each, but discussions can continue long after the book club ends
- When – A new book launches each week in the month of October
- Where – In a cool new CEM educational community called edConnectr
- How – Twitter chats and webinars with the authors, asynchronous exploration of the key ideas with others in the club, weekly author updates and videos.
- Why – “None of us is as smart as all of us.” You will learn new things and make connections with interesting people.
October 1, 7:00pm Eastern (New York) time
Book Club Twitter chat hosted by the four CEM feature book authors. Join us for a lively conversation around key themes in the books. Plenty of time for Q&A. Follow hashtag #ce13 for the chat.
For complete details and to register for the book club, click here.
New to twitter chats? Read these free resources:
- Twitter 101: Tips and Tricks
- Twitter for Teachers Handbook
- How to get the most out of participating in a twitter chat
Latest posts by Amber Karnes (see all)
- This Sunday: Join us for a Blended Learning Twitter chat! - April 2, 2014
- Google Apps 101 courses: Interview with instructor Jennifer Bloomingdale - October 1, 2013
- Twitter chats this week: Flipped Classroom & Connected Educator Book Club - September 30, 2013