Choose to Play and Win an iPad3
Announcing Our Culmination Alternate Reality Game: Step Into the Ning!
Our beloved PLP Mascot, Periwinkle the PLPenguin, has gotten himself into a pickle. Peri somehow signed himself up for a boxing match with a ornery kangaroo named Joey. Poor Peri is a pacifist, knows very little about sparring, and needs your help!
Help Peri last 6 rounds in the ring with Joey the Kangaroo and you could win an iPad3. As an act of solidarity with Peri, timed with the date of each culmination event, your team will go through five boxing rounds of your own, plus one bonus round spanning from now until the end of all culminating events on May 25.
You’ll be going head to head with your heavyweight Action Research Projects. Each round consists of a task you’ll complete and submit. To last through a round- complete the tasks surrounding your AR Project and submit the requested “knockout” material. For every round you stay in the ring you’ll help Periwinkle prepare for his boxing match. Every time your team submits a ”knockout” for a round your team gets entered into a drawing for the iPad3.
The more you participate the better your odds of winning.
Here’s how to play:
1) Get with your team and decide who will be submitting your completed task for each round. Have that person register for the game by shooting an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the message “TEAM NAME HERE is stepping into the Ning” in the subject line. And your Community, Team Name and Team Member’s names in the body of the message.
2) For each round follow the guidelines provided and get in your corner. Jab at your Action Research Project in an aggressive way. Feel free to think outside the box. Remember, your Heavyweight AR Project stays the same but the way you approach it in the ring will be different each round. The list of tasks for each round can be found below. Each Round will have a due date that corresponds chronologically to each of the Culminating Events. (The materials are due for everyone for that round no matter what community you are apart of or when your culminating event happens)
3) Complete the task to knockout your opponent, your Heavyweight Action Research Project, and submit the requested material to email@example.com, with the subject line containing your team name and the round number. (example: Team The Grizzly Game: Round 2)
4) Every time you last a round and submit your knockout material your team is entered into the iPad 3 drawing. The more knockouts, the more entries, and the better chances someone on your team has of winning the iPad 3.
5) Following the end of all culminating events (and the final 6th round), on May 25th we’ll draw a random winning team from all the knockout submissions and then draw from all the members of that team for the winner of an iPad 3
Due on April 25th Round 1: The Slideshow Sucker Punch: Create a hard hitting slide (or brief slide show) about your Action Research Project to take down your Heavyweight.
Due on May 3rd Round 2: Instant Replay: As a team, create a brief video trailer discussing your AR Project.
Due on May 7th Round 3: Step into the Ning: Start a discussion in the PLP Community Hub about your Heavyweight Action Research Project. Then create a wordle from the discussion content and submit the wordle. (http://www.wordle.net/)
Due on May 14th Round 4: Google Doc Down for the Count: Get your weight against the ropes in Google Docs, discuss, and power through your AR Project. Share the document with firstname.lastname@example.org
Due on May 24th Round 5: Blog Post to the Breadbasket: Compose a blog-like post as a team about your Heavyweight Action Research Project, post on your team page in the plpwiki and share the link to your page via email to email@example.com
Due by 2:00PM May 25th Round 6: This is the bonus Round. Starting now, bob and weave between the PLP Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/plpnetwork), the PLP Wiki (http://plpwiki.com/), the PLP Website (http://plpnetwork.com/), follow the PLP twitter (@PLPNetwork) and of course the PLP Community Hub (http://plpcommunityhub.com/) for important clues.
We will be sending out clues periodically starting now until the end of all culminations. Keep track of the clues provided and follow the instructions for a bonus entry into the drawing for the iPad3.