Our student-led parent conferences always center around each first-grader’s individual blog. Their blogs are an online portfolio that shows their learning in all of our subject areas through the year. Because this work has been posted through the term, the parents have almost all seen the work before, but the comments that their children make during the conference regarding their goals help the parent to know what specific skills we have been working on and what to watch for through the next few months.
Get email updates
Get your free digital copy of The Connected Teacher: Powering Up, plus you'll be subscribed to all the latest professional learning content from Powerful Learning Practice, notifications when we have a sale on our online courses, and more.
- Confessions of the Cognitive Heart
- Being a future ready leader: Dr. Bridget O’Connell, Superintendent, Palisades School District
- Being a future ready leader: Dr. C.J. Huff, former Superintendent Joplin Schools
- Being a future ready leader: 2016 Wisconsin Superintendent of the Year Dr. Patricia Deklotz
- Announcing: Future Ready Leadership Academy!