Powerful Learning Practice is proud to be one of Connected Educator Month’s core organizations this year. And now it’s time to mobilize our PLPeeps!
In 2013, hundreds of thousands of hours of free professional development opportunities were brought to millions of K-12 educators and others around the world. But as successful as Connected Educator Month has been, there are still many educators in the U.S. and around the world who are not connected, and many more who are not yet taking full advantage of the opportunities connected education affords. At the same time, Connected Educator Month has outgrown the Department of Education’s ability to support it alone.
So this year Connected Educator Month becomes collectively owned. We want you to own a piece of it, and help PLP raise resources to solve the problem of how to reach the unconnected educators out there. We’re crowdfunding to expand, and are asking you to help us reach all educators with this year’s Connected Educator Month.
Why we need your support:
- To expand the reach and scope of CEM in general
- To make the event more global/international, so educators around the world can learn from each other
- To increase outreach to less-connected educators; develop more programs and resources to help bring them on board
- To involve and bring together all education stakeholders-educators of all levels and roles, parents, students, policymakers,edupreneurs, community members-to magnify CEM’s impact
- To put the event on a more permanent, independent footing, so we can support connected education and connected education activities year-round, as well as build more resources to do the same.
Contests, Prizes, and Cool Stuff
We will be having weekly contests for fundraising teams with some outstanding prizes, as well as monthly contests with even bigger prizes. Stay tuned for those very exciting details. More great news: we’re already 1% to our goal before we’ve even officially launched!
This week’s goals & matching funds
Our goal for this week is to raise $5,000. Our partner American Institutes for Research (AIR) is matching the first $10,000 we raise. Now we need your help to get there.
How you can help
- Visit the Crowdrise page and take a look around. Share the page with friends or on your social media accounts.
- Click “Help Fundraise” to start a fundraising team for your organization or school or better yet, join the Powerful Learning Practice team.
- Please click on “Donate” and give whatever you can ($10, $15, $20 or more) to support the PLP fundraising team.
Through your fundraising efforts, you’ll be able to help connect educators around the world through hundreds of online events and activities. We can’t wait to see the PLPeeps can do!
Powerful Learning Practice
Latest posts by Powerful Learning Practice (see all)
- We’re giving thanks for teachers around the globe - November 21, 2017
- Innovation- What Do We Need To Know? - October 17, 2017
- Graduate Credit (License Renewal) Laying by the Pool - July 8, 2017