Blogging Tips for TeachersFree resources from Powerful Learning Practice
Free blogging tips for teachers
Blogging can be a smart move professionally, or it can be a powerful learning strategy for student achievement.
But with all the platforms and blogs out there, it can be tough to know how to get started and maintain a great blog.
We’ve put together some blogging tips for teachers who want to leverage this tool.
Experiment with different blogging sites
- Features and cost may greatly vary
- Some are better suited for younger bloggers
- Administrative control is available for educators on some
- Blogs can be private or public
Define your purpose & be consistent
- Do you want to write about educational issues, classroom activities, personal hobbies, family?
- Are you blogging as a professional or with your students?
- Create a brand
- Readers will return to blogs that maintain a consistent theme
Decide who will be your audience
- Educational colleagues
Engage your readers
- Make it personal by writing in the first person
- Share your experiences, opinions and ideas
- Encourage and respond to comments left on your blog
Let others know about your blog
- Share your blog through social media channels
- Post your blog URL on your class web page, newsletters, etc.