Project, Problem, and Passion-Based Learning (PBL) ResourcesFree PBL resources from Powerful Learning Practice
A passionate student is a learning student.
As the world is becoming increasingly connected, the nature, use, ownership, and purpose of knowledge are changing in profound ways. Our goal as educators is to leverage these connections and changes as powerful means to improve teaching and learning in our schools.
We’ve put together some of our best Project-Based Learning resources for you. Please share widely!
Interviews & Articles – thinking deeply about PBL
- PBL? Am I doing it right?
- Dig Deep with Project-Based Learning
- Why I love Project Based Learning
- PBL in Primary: Who Asks the Questions?
- PBL in Primary: Making Up the Rules
- How We’re Cultivating Inventive Thinkers in the Middle Grades
- Cakes, Snakes and Boxes: Passion-based Learning & Early Literacy
- Howard Rheingold & Sheryl Nussbaum-Beach talk passion-based learning, teaching teachers, and connectivism
- Passion-based learning in the 21st century: An interview with Sheryl Nussbaum-Beach
- Passion-Based Learning: An Interview with Sheryl Nussbaum-Beach and Heather Wolpert-Gawron
- What 21st century teaching, learning really means
PBL Projects that Worked
- How do we provide for the health of animals in our local communities?
- What Can We Do About Junk in Our World?
- Hidden – A project that worked
- Project-based professional learning
- Problem-solving an oil spill
- Piloting integrated studies with PBL
- Dozens of PBL units – chosen by passion and interest – click a header to see more
Free PBL webinar
Check out the archive from a one-hour webinar with Jane Krauss and Sheryl Nussbaum-Beach, presented by Powerful Learning Practice for Connected Educator Month
- Project Based Learning Resources from Tech2Learn – chock full of links about PBL, tips for project design, and more
- Reinventing Project-Based Learning: Your Field Guide to Real-World Projects in the Digital Age by Jane Krauss
- The Buck Institute for Education – Project Based Learning for the 21st Century
- An introduction to project based learning from Edutopia