Team Members: Dolores Gende, Dave Ostroff, Sherie Skillern, Emma Heaps.
Community: Dublin-Dallas Year 2, 2010-2011
PBL UNIT: DESIGNING A PROFESSIONAL LEARNING DAY
Our PLP team used the process of Project-Based Learning to design our Professional Learning IP21 Edcamp.
#1 Begin with the End in Mind
To design and implement a successful IP21 EDCAMP: a K-12 Professional Learning day based on the unconference model.
#2 Craft the Driving Question
How can we engage our faculty and administrators in meaningful conversations about teaching and learning?
#3 Plan the Assessment
Faculty will complete an online survey to reflect on their personal learning as a result of their participation in the Edcamp.
#4 Map the Project
• Conversation strands
• Llogistics of the day: sessions, length of discussions
• Exploration of IP21(Individual Plans for 21st Century Teaching and Learning) faculty pages
• Compilation of exemplaries
• Assembling exemplaries within discussion strands
• Tapping facilitators to lead discussions
• Keynote and Closing Remarks ideas
• Teacher reflection form
#5 Manage the Process
• Collaborate: establish deadlines for completing each step of the project
• Communicate: virtual and face-to-face
• Create wiki, !P21 Edcamp agenda, resources and teaser