Powerful Learning Practice (PLP), a global leader in the professional development of educators, is sponsoring a Higher Education Virtual Institute for the 2010-2011 academic year. The Virtual Institute aims to offer teams of faculty members and individuals a dynamic, 8-month, job-embedded, professional development experience.
Features of the Virtual Institute Include:
- semi-monthly webinars from educational technologists, learning theorists, & other academics;
- participation in a rich social networking and community-building environment with institute participants & conversation leaders;
- opportunities for collective, action research projects, especially focused on the scholarship of teaching or other related topics of interest;
- networking opportunities amongst participants, institute facilitators, invited guests, and the wider academic community;
- exposure to to the latest academic research regarding technology in teaching & learning, social networks, connected learning, learning environments, mobile learning, and other related topics;
- hands-on, guided opportunities to explore the latest Web 2.0 tools available; and
- access to high-quality, emerging research & practice in respect to teaching & learning in higher education.
For more details and to sign up for a free info session, visit http://plpnetwork.com/higher-ed/
Enter our Twitter contest
To help promote this awesome opportunity, PLP is holding a Twitter contest! Up for grabs is a signed copy of Will Richardson‘s bestselling book Blogs, Wikis, Podcasts, and Other Powerful Web Tools for Classrooms. All you need to do to enter is visit this link, and re-tweet PLP’s Twitter status! We will draw a random winner from all the re-tweets on Monday, October 25, 2010. We’ll contact you through Twitter so you can claim your prize.
Thanks for playing and helping to spread the word!
Latest posts by Powerful Learning Practice (see all)
- Resist the Urge to Quit Prematurely - October 26, 2020
- Let’s Move Past Feeling Disconnected from Your Students. Words Matter - October 24, 2020
- Connected Educators are Dedicated to Ongoing Development of Expertise - October 15, 2020