One of the exciting recent initiatives from Powerful Learning Practice has been our Virtual Institutes. Ranging from digital citizenship to assessment practices, the institutes have meant teachers are no longer limited by time or day for innovative, practical professional development.
Our Virtual Institutes are a customized, economical way for school districts to provide ongoing, professional development covering both big picture discussions and practical, make-and-take sessions with the possibility of extending the learning in ongoing follow-up conversations in a virtual learning community.
Lorraine Harrison, from the Archdiocese of Philadelphia-Elementary community, has taken several virtual institutes this year.
“I have found the virtual courses offered in February and March, to be extremely valuable because they are helping me to to understand how experienced teachers are using digital cameras, videos, google docs, blogs and wikis in their classrooms. I am able to see concrete examples of how these tools are being applied to curriculum from K to secondary levels,” she said.
Check out what’s included in the package:
- Five 90-minute, live, interactive webinars
- Powerful Learning Practice facilitator in each session to provide tech support and foster discussion and learning
- A seasoned expert in 21st Century teaching and learning presenting each keynote topic
- An archive of each session for your school or district
We will develop a solid community of practice to meet the needs of your faculty for an entire year. You can find more information here.
Join and let our courses help guide your learning. “I attend a Virtual Academy course, and I am inspired to try new ideas in my classroom,” Lorraine said.
Susan Carter Morgan
Latest posts by Susan Carter Morgan (see all)
- PLP's Australia Community Gears Up for Culminating with Incredible Projects - November 22, 2011
- It's Time to Learn - August 25, 2011
- Come On, Flip Out. You Know You Want To! - July 27, 2011