Team Members: Brad Kohlhepp (team leader), Carolyn Brown, Judy Dunn, Diana Frosch, Ky Mc Nichol, Nicole Nolan, Terri Woodruff
Community: Archdiocese of Philadelphia Year 2, 2010-2011
Grade: Cross-grade and cross-curriculum: Math (5th and 7th), Social Studies (4th and 5th), ILA (4th, 5th, 7th, and 8th), Art & Technology (4th, 5th, 7th, and 8th).
– ILA /8th grade-create news stories based on what happened after the fairy tales or from another character’s point of view (have fairytales take place in specific areas of the United States)
– Social Studies/5th grade- Students will use their knowledge of where natural disaster occur to present a weather forecast.
– Math/7th grade & 5th grade-Students will incorporate comparisons based on their knowledge of percents, money, and idea of the “better deal.” (Consumer Math)
– Math/5th grade & 7th grade-Students will incorporate consumer math, addition and subtraction, speed/ distance, make comparisons, to support the story line.
– Social Studies/4th grade-Students will incorporate the history of Pennsylvania and historical landmarks in travel/tourism stories.
Latest posts by Powerful Learning Practice (see all)
- Resist the Urge to Quit Prematurely - October 26, 2020
- Let’s Move Past Feeling Disconnected from Your Students. Words Matter - October 24, 2020
- Connected Educators are Dedicated to Ongoing Development of Expertise - October 15, 2020