Team Members: Sharon Raquet, Melissa Jo Tradewell, Krista DeLone, Carol Polinsky, Bridget Tigue
Community: Archdiocese of Philadelphia Year 1, 2010-2011
We have chosen to bring Digital Literacy to our school, which is the process of teaching and learning about technology and the use of technology. Our theme, “Get Carried Away” encourages teachers and students to soar to greater heights using web 2.0 tools.
- Problem, Issue, or Possibility
- Objectives and Assessment
- Implementation Plan
- Evaluation and Results
We have set up three faculty meetings to be used solely for our project. The first two meetings were used to present a number of Web 2.0 tools to our faculty members. The PLP team presented and demonstrated a number of Web 2.0 tools that the teachers could use in their classrooms. The third meeting will be used for faculty presentations of some of the Web tools that we showcased in the previous meetings. The faculty must come to the meeting with artifacts that they have collected from the use of these Web tools. This will be our way of knowing if we were successful, thus far, in our plan to implement more technology in the classrooms. In addition, we have created a teacher website listing all of the Web 2.o tools that we have learned this year. Our hopes are that the faculty utilize our website to bring technology into their classrooms and help to make good digital citizens out of the students that they teach.
– September 30: PLP Kick- Off (Overwhelmed but excited for our new journey!)
– October: This month consisted of exploring the NING and becoming part of the community!
– October 28: Elluminate Session # 1
– November: During this month we were participating in the NING and trying out different web 2.0 tools that we came across.
– November 29: Flip Video Arrives at SFA!
– December 2: Elluminate Session # 2
– December 3: Project Meeting: Beginning stages of our project were developed.
– December 21: Project Meeting
– Januray 27: Elluminate Session # 3
– March 30: Presentation # 1 of Web 2.0 tools to Faculty
– March 31: Elluminate Session # 4
– April 7: Presentation # 2 of Web 2.0 tools to Faculty
– April 14: Elluminate Session # 5
– April 14: Project Meeting (Begin final plans for May 5)
– April 27: Faculty Presentations of Web 2.0 tools used and Data collected
– May 5: PLP Culminating Event
After the faculty evaluated our findings, we needed a way to keep thier motivation going. We decided to create a website where they could find up to date web tools to use in their classrooms.
Latest posts by Powerful Learning Practice (see all)
- Connected Educators are Dedicated to Ongoing Development of Expertise - October 15, 2020
- Free book: Connected From the Start: Global Learning in the Primary Grades - October 14, 2020
- What’s missing? Let’s back up, we skipped a few steps! - October 7, 2020