Team Members: Mary Beardsley, Ulrike Neubohn, Tanya Godsey, Alison Hahs, Kerri Kacmarcik, Michelle Robinson
Community: ADVIS Year 1, 2010-2011
We are planning professional development to make our teachers more effective and comfortable with their use of technology, starting at the basics.
- Problem, Issue, or Possibility
- Objectives and Assessment
- Implementation Plan
- Evaluation and Results
– faculty: to demonstrate instructional adeptness with at least 2 Web 2.0 tools, to be assessed through in-service training and PLP observation. After greater reflection, we realized that our school has a greater need to teach the faculty more basic computer skills before they can be comfortable enough to embrace and employ technology tools in the classroom.
– students: to improve technological aptitude, to be assessed through before/after surveys of grades 5-8 student frequency of use, interest, and comfort levels.
– students: to improve engagement and success through teachers’ use of technology and interactive strategies, to be assessed through comparison of student participation (volunteerism, percentage of accurate responses) with and without technology presentation media.
– students: to synthesize reports of material learned using technological presentation tools, to be assessed through teacher-developed presentation rubrics. Assessment will be through shared student projects using Senior Systems components or wikis.
Upon reflection, we decided to eliminate this objective because we do not know the capabilities of Senior Systems, nor do we know what the school’s policy will be regarding uploading student work.
1/3/11: Announce expectations to faculty Summer, 2011: Host professional development day September, 2011: Implement use of new tools in teaching methods
Training to include:
– Brain Pop/United Streming
– Digital camera usage
– Google Presentation/Prezi
– YouTube (uploading)
Latest posts by Powerful Learning Practice (see all)
- Hurry, you do not want to miss out on this… - November 3, 2020
- Resist the Urge to Quit Prematurely - October 26, 2020
- Let’s Move Past Feeling Disconnected from Your Students. Words Matter - October 24, 2020