“If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.” ~ African proverb
As our Powerful Learning Practice Network grows, we are doing some amazing things with communities of practice, e-learning, raising the voices of forward-looking practitioners, and more. With these and other PLP initiatives underway, we feel it’s time to establish an advisory board to help us keep our work out on the edge of professional learning in the 21st century. As we went about selecting our first advisors, we looked for individuals who would collectively offer PLP a diverse perspective on current and future trends.
We settled on a combination of leading thinkers around social media in education, researchers who know a lot about learning in community, and seasoned educators with plenty of practical expertise. We are proud to announce our 2012-2013 Advisory Board: Wendy Drexler, Karl Fisch, Jackie Gerstein, Claudia L’Amoreaux, Ann S. Michaelsen, Howard Rheingold, and Will Richardson (chair).
What does the board do?
- Reviews PLP programs and proposals and gives diverse feedback through three face-to-face meetings per year, plus conference calls, social media, and email contact
- Advises on new initiatives
- Gives honest, valued input on ways we can improve
- Joins us in thinking through challenges or lessons learned as we create action plans for the future
- Helps us network with other smart people
- Shares their specialized knowledge of 21st Century learning
- Holds us accountable to a standard of excellence in business and personal relationships
- Provides pushback and a diverse flow of ideas to our company
Learn more about each of our advisors, and connect with them online.
Latest posts by Powerful Learning Practice (see all)
- Hurry, you do not want to miss out on this… - November 3, 2020
- Resist the Urge to Quit Prematurely - October 26, 2020
- Let’s Move Past Feeling Disconnected from Your Students. Words Matter - October 24, 2020