The first day of school will be here before we know it. Breaking the ice with new students can be a daunting task, but it doesn’t have to be! We know that our readers are some of the smartest and most creative connected educators around. So we’re posing this question:
What is your favorite first day of school activity?
- How do you break the ice, get your students to warm up to one another, and establish rapport?
- Is it important for you to get to know your students’ learning styles on the first day?
- What activities have you tried that worked particularly well for you? Did you create a time capsule? Go on a scavenger hunt? Have the students draw a picture of themselves? Start them out right away with getting connected and turning your classroom into a blended learning environment?
- Tell us a story about what you did, and why you think it worked.
Powerful Learning Practice
Latest posts by Powerful Learning Practice (see all)
- Connected Educator Kumunidat 2020 Begins: Integrating Technology in the Classroom - February 4, 2020
- Making the Shift to Active Learning… and Why Technology is Not Enough - January 13, 2020
- Best Classroom Uses of Technology - December 6, 2019