You’ve heard us say it before:
The world is changing. But schools are not.
To reach iGeneration students, you need to become a connected learner and educator. Recently, the US Department of Education sponsored Connected Educator Month. For the entire month of August, we explored 21st century learning environments, got people connecting through social media, and talked about where teaching and learning needs to go for future generations of students. This was a huge leap forward for progress in education – to have the clout of the USDOE behind the principles we’ve been promoting for years.
We want to keep up the momentum that got started with Connected Educator Month. So we’ve come up with a quick-track version of our year-long professional development program. We’re calling it PLP Lite.
Change your classroom with 12 weeks of connected learning
These are just some quick highlights of what you’ll get in this guided eCourse:
- Explore 21st century teaching & learning environments first-hand
- Experiment with research-based teaching strategies on the shifted classroom
- Collaborate with others through Web 2.0 tools like Twitter, Diigo and Delicious, Wikispaces, Elluminate (aka Blackboard Collaborate), Ning and more. You’ll also explore other cutting-edge Web 2.0 tools along the way.
- Tap into your own interests and passions as you pursue self-directed learning within our large global network: The PLP Community Hub.
- Select from a menu of other learning options: Book studies with the author, lesson plan studies with practicing 21st century educators, virtual classroom/school visits, customized chats with experienced voices, and more.
Use this structured eCourse that’s after the rush of
back-to-school and before the testing crunch
to transform your teaching.
Latest posts by Powerful Learning Practice (see all)
- Resist the Urge to Quit Prematurely - October 26, 2020
- Let’s Move Past Feeling Disconnected from Your Students. Words Matter - October 24, 2020
- Connected Educators are Dedicated to Ongoing Development of Expertise - October 15, 2020