Let’s Redesign School- Let’s leverage this opportunity to Change Education for the Better!
I was interviewed by Joe Collymore with Harbor Media about tips and tricks related to remote learning.
The interview was split into three videos. This is Part 2. Show Notes Below.
- What if…
- Using technology for student agency and collective efficacy and collaborating with others
- Passion based projects
- Design based teachers
- Collective inquiry
- Online community for the elderly
- Rethinking the system for social good
- Letter writing- old school
- Choice Boards – Hyperdocs
- Genius Hour – the way it should be done
- Teacher passion
- Teacher and student self actualization
- Creating the bones for passion based choice
- Nurture wild creativity
- Use this time to recreate school and what it should be.
- Kids that are creators and solving real world problems
The following two tabs change content below.
Sheryl is the co-founder and Chief Executive Officer of Powerful Learning Practice. She works with schools and districts from around the world helping them to infuse technology into their curriculums and by leading other digital conversion efforts. Sheryl also consults with governments, educational organizations and non-profits in development of their various professional learning initiatives. Sheryl is a sought-after presenter at national and international events, speaking on topics related to digital and online learning, teacher and educational leadership, online community building, and other educational issues impacting children of poverty. Sheryl served on the International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE) Board of Directors for six years. She co-authored The Connected Educator: Learning and Leading in a Digital Age with Lani Ritter Hall. Sheryl has four children and four grandsons, Luke, Logan, Levi and Tanner and a trio of dachshunds. You can find out more on her blog and on Twitter @snbeach.
Latest posts by Powerful Learning Practice (see all)
- Hurry, you do not want to miss out on this… - November 3, 2020
- Resist the Urge to Quit Prematurely - October 26, 2020
- Let’s Move Past Feeling Disconnected from Your Students. Words Matter - October 24, 2020