The other week, well known educator, author and educational leader Howard Rheingold interviewed Powerful Learning Practice co-founders Sheryl Nussbaum-Beach and Will Richardson on Connected Learning TV. Connected Learning is a Digital Media & Learning Project that is supported by the MacArthur Foundation.
Connected Learning supports “new models of education, and not simply new models of schooling, but entirely new visions of learning better suited to the increasing complexity, connectivity, and velocity of our new knowledge society.”
Their infographic below illustrates their principles of connected learning:
In the sixty minute interview, John Norton, Brenda Sherry, Peter Skillen, Christen Dodd and Ronnie Burt joined in as respondents during the live chat. During the interview, Sheryl and Will were asked to describe what it means to be a 21st century educator, why Powerful Learning Practice helps teachers change the way they learn prior to changing the way they teach, the role of school leaders, experience versus outcome and much more!
Watch the full interview
Watch the video here and gain additional insights into Powerful Learning Practice, connected learning communities, Connected Educator Month and more.
Like what you heard? Want to know more?
- Register to attend a free info session with Powerful Learning Practice.
- Participate in PLP’s Connected Learner Experience
- Join us for PLP Live: Inspire. Collaborate. Shift. A full-day conference in Philadelphia on Friday, September 28, 2012.
Latest posts by Christen Dodd (see all)
- Breaking Hyflex & Remote Learning Visual Barriers - October 15, 2020
- Is Your Lifeboat Secure? - September 26, 2020
- Going Into the Unknown - August 17, 2020