We’d like to thank everyone for showing up and contributing to the #plpnetwork twitter chat last night. It was an enlightening discussion, not to mention a productive way to kill time while waiting for Downton Abbey to start.
Despite having the flu, our fearless leader Sheryl moderated the chat like like a pro, presenting thought-provoking questions and keeping the conversation flowing. Chat participants came together from across the globe to discuss PBL: Building a Common Understanding.
There were 42 contributors, 353 tweets, 97 retweets, and 107 @replies. That’s a lot of chatting!
If you’re new to Twitter Chats, here’s a quick rundown on how they work:
- The most important thing to remember is to use the or #plpnetwork hashtag in your posts.
- The chat begins with question Q1 and the #plpnetwork hashtags in the post.
Participants answer with A1 and the #aisinetwork or #plpnetwork hashtags their response.
- To follow the chat, click on the #plpnetwork tag and it will display all the tweets using that tag.
- You can also go to Twitterfall.com and enter #plpnetwork in the search to follow tweets and control the speed.
- If you RT (retweet) a response you agree with, make sure it includes the #plpnetwork tag.
Ah yes, the lucky winners. There were some fantastic prizes associated with this chat, including a seat in our next Project-Based Learning Immersion ecourse. In fact, if the PBL chat got you fired up, you should seriously consider checking out our course to help you dig deeper.
*Registering for a #plpnetwork twitter chat automatically enters you into the prize drawing, and it’s completely free.
Congrats to the following big winners:
I am wondering how teachers can let go of the control and get messy. #plpnetwork
— Leslie Hopper (@MrsLHopper) January 28, 2013
— Meghan Potts (@megeross) January 28, 2013
A3 #plpnetwork I think the process and product can be one and the same. Whatever product we want from our students we may
— DaniellaWerman (@DaniellaWerman) January 28, 2013
— Monte Tatom (@drmmtatom) January 28, 2013
We’ll see you Wednesday, January 30th at 9pm EST for the next #aisinetwork #plpnetwork chat: Collective Intelligence Building
Get future chat invites delivered to your inbox
The best way to never miss a chat? Join our mailing list.
Latest posts by Amanda K (see all)
- Reflecting on Connected Learning with St. John's School - March 7, 2013
- To Flip or not to Flip? Join the twitter chat! - February 19, 2013
- Collective Intelligence Building Twitter Chat - February 2, 2013