Powerful Learning Practice (PLP) has been talking to lots of folks lately about gearing up for teaching and learning at home. Joe Collymore with Harbor Media ask to interview me about any ideas I had related to remote learning. The interviewed turned into a conversation that expanded the topic far beyond tools and tricks. His team split the interview into three videos. Here is the first one. Show notes below.
- In times of extreme change we need to allow people to find a comfort zone. Start small.
- Talk about life. Talk about your new haircut. Tell stories. Read books.
- First piece of advice, take a deep breath. Start with things that are familiar.
- Inequities that are surfacing-connectivity, devices and food
- Advice to parents- let kids chase their passions. Let’s read. Give kids stacks of books and telling stories. Writing and journaling. Ask good questions. Online and creating. Producing and not consuming one.
Just in Time Help!
Need help figuring it all out?
Check out Laser Coaching!
Latest posts by Powerful Learning Practice (see all)
- Hurry, you do not want to miss out on this… - November 3, 2020
- Resist the Urge to Quit Prematurely - October 26, 2020
- Let’s Move Past Feeling Disconnected from Your Students. Words Matter - October 24, 2020