A few years back, Powerful Learning Practice had a press. We brought book ideas and people who had stories inside of them together with John Norton, an amazing editor, who with the PLP designers brought their books to life. One such author/book is this one, written by Kathy Cassidy. Now retired, Kathy was an amazing Canadian educator who helped young children become connected learners. They created service projects, learned from each other, blogged and more.
As part of our launch celebration for Instant Impact Collaborative Cohort, Kathy has given us permission to give her book away for free! If you teach or work with young children and have been struggling with how to help them use technology in deep and meaningful ways this book is for you. Download it. Share it with your friends.
What she shares in the book…
The story of my journey to connect my classroom with the world.
- How my students and I use tools such as Skype, Twitter, video and blogs to connect with classrooms in other cities and countries.
- Examples of powerful connections between primary classrooms.
- Why and how my six year olds use digital portfolios.
- Practical advice to help you begin to connect your own classroom. In this book I want to show you how the transformation to a connected classroom has happened for a primary schoolteacher in Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, Canada.
Most of all, Kathy wanted to convince other educators that if she could do it, so can they.
As I wrote the book, I tried to keep the needs and interests of teachers in grades K-3 foremost in my mind. But other teachers will find much that might be helpful, both in the tools discussions and the chapter on digital portfolios had a profound effect on both how I teach and on how my students are able to learn. We have brought the world into our little learning space.
Want to learn more about how you can enable students, even at a young age, to use technology in ways that will deepen their learning and change the world?
Latest posts by Powerful Learning Practice (see all)
- Hurry, you do not want to miss out on this… - November 3, 2020
- Resist the Urge to Quit Prematurely - October 26, 2020
- Let’s Move Past Feeling Disconnected from Your Students. Words Matter - October 24, 2020