The PLP Community Hub was opened last month and we have so enjoyed welcoming our founding members!
If you’re not familiar with the PLP Community Hub it includes:
- A community. One that has the ability to create topics, groups, and more. A community that will help you with your remote work, remote teaching, and meeting the needs of your family as everything moves online.
- Organized conversations and resources, laid out in a way that makes sense. We will help you. We will guide you. We will be quiet when you need us to be.
- Topic starters and resources will run the gamut. We won’t just discuss remote everything. We will discuss life, resilience, leading virtually, productivity, accountability, navigating uncertainty, emotional/spiritual health, and more.
- Video chat rooms where you can talk (or simply sit quietly) side-by-side with other people who are working remotely.
- Live conversations and Q&A sessions with Sheryl Nussbaum-Beach and the PLP family of coaches and other edTech experts. You will also have access to Connected Coaches who practice laser coaching methods.
- Daily resource suggestions and vetted resource libraries.
- New friends, other educators from around the world who are going through all this with you.
- Plus, an occasional diversion during these difficult times.
- It’s free to join and will be free forever.
One of the benefits of being a member of the community is free professional learning. This month we’re kicking of a series of Member Only Free Micro-Workshops and we’d love for you to join us!
Find the workshop descriptions and link to join the PLP Community Hub below!
The Quotes Interaction Activity: Building Connections and Community
July 13th, 7:00 PM ET
Join Jennifer as you experience the Quotes Interaction Activity, a coaching protocol that can be used to build trust and community, both online and face-to-face. Once you’ve experienced the protocol we’ll brainstorm ways you can use it and customize it to fit your needs!
Designing Engaging and Interactive Lessons using HyperDocs
July 15th, 7:00 PM ET
How can you design resources that are engaging and interactive for all students? Join April to learn how teachers are using HyperDocs that are purposefully designed to meet the needs of all learners through multiple ways to explore, explain and apply. Leave with many hyperdocs already created and templates to get started. Let’s create together!
Create a “virtual front door” to your classroom, school library or school with Google Sites
July 16th, 7:00 PM ET
Do students and/or parents find it difficult to navigate all the resources to support their learning? Join April to learn how to create a “virtual front door” using Google Sites to organize everything needed to learn in one place. You will apply your new knowledge by creating your own Google Site, add text and images, create pages, and embed resources created using Google tools. Get a jump start on your website today!
What Should I look for to Choose Quality Professional Learning?
July 20th, 2:00 PM ET
What elements do effective professional learning offerings have in common? Join Sheryl to discuss the following elements garnered from 35 carefully designed research studies.
- Is content focused
- Incorporates active learning utilizing adult learning theory
- Supports collaboration, typically in job-embedded contexts
- Uses models and modeling of effective practice
- Provides coaching and expert support
- Offers opportunities for feedback and reflection
- Is of sustained duration
Empower Student Voice with Flipgrid
July 22nd, 7:00 PM ET
“Every child you pass in the hall has a story to tell that needs to be heard. Maybe you are the one meant to hear it. “ – Bethany Hill. Join April to explore the many ways teachers are designing opportunities for students to quickly and easily share and give feedback to each other through video using Flipgrid. You will leave with many examples, your free account and your first grid and topic created ready for student use.
Lego Animation Crash Course
July 23rd, 10:00 AM ET
If you’ve ever wondered how to create stop motion movies with Legos or what materials are needed, come join this crash course.
Quick and Easy Meal Prep
July 23rd, 5:00 PM ET
Join Travis as he demos how to cook the best Salmon you have ever had in your life, accompanied by a delicious summer salad. Buy your ingredients and cook alongside him as he walks you through each step of the process.
Strategies and Resources to Support Students and Educators as we Return to School
July 27th, 7:00 PM ET
Join Jennifer as you talk through what to consider as students and teachers prepare to go back to school and what routines and strategies that can be put in place to support the Social and Emotional Needs of all.
What to join us? Join the PLP Community Hub for all of the details!
Latest posts by Jennifer Bloomingdale (see all)
- Happy New Year from the PLP Family - January 4, 2021
- Google Workspace: 8 Top Tips - December 18, 2020
- 5 Tips for Integrating Digital Citizenship into Remote Learning - December 10, 2020