It was great chatting with many educators to share strategies and tools they are using to reach learners who have gone silent. Watch the replay below!
Strategies and Tools Shared
- Perspective During COVID-19, teachers can support students using Maslow’s hierarchy of needs by Helen Gross
- Neighborhood Bridges – Our mission is to create a gateway for kindness
- 10 amazing ways people are using this free Google tool to make custom COVID-19 maps by Ishveena Singh
- Welcome to your first day of Google Meet
- Educating Over Zoom
- Virtual Check In using Google Forms and Form Publisher
- Maintain Teacher Privacy with Google Voice by Miguel Guhlin
- Live Chat using Pure Chat. Example: Cahaba Elementary School
- Crisis Center Birmingham hot and warm lines
- Companies Pledging to Keep Americans Connected During Pandemic Go Above and Beyond the Call
- One district’s virtual front door
- Read and Write for Google Chrome
- Alabama Public Television Learn at Home
- Teachers create videos using Screencastify
- Closed Captioning videos with YouTube
Let’s work together. In the comments, share strategies you are using or have heard about that are being used to ensure our kids are not staying MIA.
Do you need help connecting with students, creating engaging curriculum, leading in online environments, planning for the future?
Let PLP help you with self-paced courses, laser coaching, Make and Think Micro Conferences, online community hub, customized year long job-embed PD and more! Sign up for the newsletter to stay up to date with events and resources.
Latest posts by April Chamberlain (see all)
- June 23 Coffee Chat: A New Way Forward, The Future of Schools - June 30, 2020
- The Power of Connected Coaching - June 20, 2020
- June 2nd Coffee Chat – Accessibility and Equity: Getting Everyone to the Table - June 2, 2020